ABOUT THE FIRM
Alabama Law Firm, Pittman, Dutton & Hellums
In 1986, Lee Pittman and Tom Dutton founded our firm to be unique in its passionate representation of people who need help. Our reputation for integrity has helped us grow to be one of the most successful plaintiffs’ firms in Alabama. Our firm also serves clients nationwide, handling mass tort cases that range from pharmaceutical drug cases to medical device recalls. Our litigation and personal injury attorneys are highly skilled in handling contentious matters for our clients. They have substantial experience in jury trials and in alternative dispute resolution procedures, including arbitrations and mediations.
We routinely handle cases in the following areas: Personal Injury, Auto Accidents, Wrongful Death, Consumer Protection, Bad Faith, Premises Liability, Nursing Home Abuse, Pharmaceutical and Drug Litigation, Defective Products, Environmental Litigation and Workers’ Compensation.
- Our philosophy is to put our clients’ interests first and achieve the best possible results.
- We give each client high quality service and personal attention.
- We have settled or tried literally hundreds of million-dollar cases.
- In both 2002 and 2009, our firm received two of the top 10 verdicts in Alabama; the largest medical malpractice verdict in Alabama for 2002; shared in the largest auto negligence verdict in Alabama in 2002; received the largest FELA (represented an injured railroad employee) verdict in Alabama in 2009; received a $17.5 million verdict on behalf of a farmer who sustained business losses from defective farming equipment.
- From 2002 through 2005, our firm tried more cases than any other plaintiff’s firm in the State of Alabama.
- For the past 14 years, our firm has been recognized as a top plaintiff’s firm for Most Prolific Trial Law Firms by the Alabama Jury Verdict Reporter.
- We are tenacious advocates for our clients’ legal interests; we do not give up on our commitment to our clients.
- In 2016, U.S. News & World Report ranked our law firm Tier 1 Birmingham plaintiffs’ personal injury litigation and Tier 2 commercial litigation in the Best Law Firms 2016 publication.
Our firm’s reputation and its track record is superb, but our commitment to our clients does not end there. At Pittman, Dutton & Hellums, our goal is to help our clients and their families put their lives back on the right track. We give each individual client the personal and compassionate attention they need and deserve during a difficult time.
Proactive communication with each client is a priority. We are accessible, and we respond promptly to your inquiries and concerns.
At Pittman, Dutton & Hellums, P.C., we do our best to provide the highest level of representation to each client, and we have experience taking on complex cases, often against some of the largest corporations in the world.
If you need assistance, contact us today.
*The Alabama Jury Verdict Reporter, Year in Review 2002
*The Alabama Jury Verdict Reporter, Year in Review 2005
*The Alabama Jury Verdict Reporter, Year in Review 2010
*The Alabama Jury Verdict Reporter, Year in Review 2011
Get a Free Case Evaluation
Fill out the form below to contact our firm. One of our experienced attorneys is prepared to speak with you. Consultations are free and confidential.