Reckless Driving Accident Attorneys
Serving Birmingham and the Metro area
On roads in Alabama and across the country, reckless driving poses a serious danger to ourselves and our families. When a crash causes serious injuries, families are left suffering physically, emotionally and financially.
If a reckless driver has seriously hurt you or someone you love, you want a team of dedicated attorneys on your side. This wasn’t your fault, and you shouldn’t be the one paying for it. You need to call the team at Pittman, Dutton & Hellums today to speak with an experience Birmingham car accident attorney.
Alabama Aggressive Driving Accidents
Reckless driving is defined as driving with no regard for the safety of others. Reckless drivers show a willful disregard for the consequences of their actions, and innocent people sometimes pay the price.
What is the threshold for reckless driving? Typically, the driver has to exhibit what is considered negligence. The majority of states have laws that make it illegal for drivers to show a willful disregard for their actions.
Types of Reckless Driving in Alabama
Some of the most common examples of reckless driving on Alabama highways include:
- Running Stop Signs Or Red Lights
- Drunk Driving
- Failure To Use Turn Signals
- Failure To Yield To The Right Of Way
- Driving While Drowsy (Some Experts Say This Is As Dangerous As Drunk Driving.)
- Tailgating Or Following Too Closely
- Distracted Driving, Such As Driving While Texting Or Looking At A Cellphone
All of these things can cause an accident that can seriously hurt or even kill a person. Reckless drivers face criminal charges and the possibility of license suspension. However, the criminal justice system can only do so much to help victims. An attorney may be able to do much more for you and your family in your time of need.
Why Are There So Many Reckless Drivers?
Here are some of the most common contributing factors to reckless driving:
- Increase In Congested Streets: Over The Past 30 Years, The Number Of Miles Traveled By Drivers In The U.S. Has Increased By A Staggering 40 Percent. Despite This, The Number Of Roads In Our Country Has Increased By Less Than One Percent. This Means Roads In The U.S. Are Far More Congested Than Ever.
- Decrease In Law Enforcement Presence: Over The Past Several Years, The Economy Has Been Tough On Many Cities And Municipalities Around Alabama And Beyond. The Tightening Of Budgets Everywhere Has Led To Some Local And State Governments Cutting Back On Some Services. While Police Are Still On Patrol, The Number Of Traffic Patrols In Some Areas Has Decreased. This Means That There Are Less Police On The Roads To Enforce Driving Laws, Which Can Lead To Some Motorists Driving Recklessly Or Unsafely.
- Irresponsible Drivers: Drivers Can Often Be Focused On Just Themselves, Disregarding That They Have To Share The Road With Others. When Drivers Do Not Think About The Other People Sharing The Road With Them, They Become Reckless And Put Everyone At Risk.
Legal Options after a Reckless Driving Accident in Alabama
The injuries that accompany serious car accidents can require a lengthy recovery and extensive, pricy medical treatments. To help alleviate your suffering, you should speak with an attorney right away. You shouldn’t have to bear this burden. The accident wasn’t your fault.
An experienced attorney can seek compensation from the reckless driver to pay for your expenses and compensate you for your pain and suffering. The driver will face the consequences of the criminal justice system, but that doesn’t go far enough to truly get your family what you need. Only hiring an attorney can do that.
What to Do When You Encounter a Reckless Driver
The majority of reckless driving accidents are preventable. It may seem obvious, but the easiest way to avoid an accident that involves aggressive driving is to simply obey the rules of the road and keep your distance from drivers who don’t.
Any basic safety rule, such as maintaining a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, will go a long way toward preventing an accident that involves aggressive driving.
Even if you are in a hurry, be mindful of the other drivers around you and never sacrifice safety just to get somewhere a couple of minutes faster.
Compensation For Reckless Driving Victims
If you or a loved one has been injured by a reckless driver in the Birmingham, AL area or beyond, hiring a lawyer from the experienced and passionate team at Pittman, Dutton & Hellums may be your best option. We have decades of experience aggressively and successfully representing car accident victims and their families. Our attorneys can seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.Contact us today by calling (205) 322-8880 or filling out the form linked here. Consultations are always free and without obligation.
Get a Free Case Evaluation
Fill out the form below to contact our firm. One of our experienced attorneys is prepared to speak with you. Consultations are free and confidential.
We’re ready to hear your story.
Using the web form below will begin the process of your free consultation, which is confidential and carries no obligation to hire our firm. Considering your safety, our consultations may be done via telephone or a video call format. During business hours expect to receive a return phone call within an hour. You will speak with one of our top-rated attorneys during your consultation who will attempt to provide you with reliable answers to your legal questions. We look forward to assisting you!
2001 Park Pl.
Birmingham, AL 35203
We are open and available 24/7!
HIGHLY AWARDED LAW FIRM
IN YOUR CORNER
Our law firm has received top awards from the country's most prestigious organizations recognizing leading law firms.